- If a shooter inadvertently pockets his opponents ball, it remains down, however, if the shooter does not legally pocket one of his own group, he loses his turn.
- Each player continues to shoot so long as he legally pockets any of his object balls (Exception: calling a safety). Should a player fail to pocket his designated group ball, he shall lose his turn.
- If a player fails to hit the 8-ball while shooting at it, it is a foul and the game continues. When the 8-ball is the legal object ball, a scratch or foul is not a loss of game if the 8-ball is not pocketed or jumped off the table. Incoming player has cue ball in hand.
- In the event the cue ball or an object ball stops on the edge of the pocket then falls into the pocket because of vibrations, fan or stamping of feet, it shall be replaced on the edge of the pocket as near as possible to its position before interference.
- If any object ball is jumped off the table, it is a foul and loss of turn, unless it is the 8-ball, which is a loss of game. Any jumped object balls are spotted in numerical order.
- SLOW PLAY RULE: Exaggerated slow play will be penalized. After a warn ing, any longer than ONE MINUTE between shots will be a foul. The third infraction will result in loss of game. During National competition, referees judgment will prevail and both players will be timed.
- STALEMATED GAME: If in 3 consecutive turns at the table by each player (6 turns total), they purposely foul or scratch and both players agree that attempting to pocket or move an object ball will result in immediate loss of game, then the game will be considered a stalemate. The balls will then be re-racked and the breaker of the stalemated game will break again.
PLEASE NOTE: Three consecutive fouls by one player is not a loss of game.