The following items constitute fouls. Committing a foul may lead to loss of turn, loss of game,
loss of match, expulsion from tournament or league, expulsion from site, expulsion from future
leagues or tournaments. The tournament officials identified by official NDA credentials will make
all decisions concerning fouls without specific penalties. The penalty for fouling, unless otherwise
stated, is loss of turn for the fouling player.
- Adherence to all general foul rules is required.
- Distracting behavior by opponents while a player is throwing is not allowed, and constitutes
a foul. Throwing on a non-coined machine is considered a distraction. 3. On a thrown dart,
the dart must make contact with the board before the player's foot makes contact with
the floor in front of the throw line or a foul has been committed. A player must receive
a warning from the opposing captain. If the problem continues, a referee must be called
to witness the foul. If the referee determines that there is a foul, the player will lose
their next three darts.
- It is each player's responsibility to see that the machine is displaying the appropriate
player's number prior to throwing the darts. Play is stopped immediately when the infraction
is noticed. If the player throws while the machine is displaying an opponent's number,
this constitutes a foul.
- If the player has thrown fewer than three darts, the machine is advanced to their correct position
by use of the "Player Change" button, and they are allowed to throw their remaining darts.
The game then proceeds normally with the opponent shooting next and so on.
- If the player throws all three darts on the opponent's number before the infraction is noticed,
the player has completed their turn and the machine is returned to the proper order
(the opponent's number) and the game proceeds normally.
- If a player throws out of turn and ends the game on that turn, their team loses that game.
If a player throws when the machine is displaying the number of that player's partner,
it constitutes a foul.
- If the player has thrown all three darts, their turn is completed. The machine is then advanced
to the correct player position and play resumes, except that both players from the offending team
lose their next turn.
- If a player has thrown less than three darts when the infraction is noticed, the machine is
advanced to their correct player position, and they are allowed to throw the remainder of their
three darts. The machine is then advanced to the correct player position and play resumes, except
that both players from the offending team lose their next turn.
- Manually scored points a) on opponents score constitutes a foul. Advance player change button to the
correct player position and continue play, except that the player that committed the foul loses their
next turn. b) on players own score constitutes a foul. Advance player change button to the correct
player position and continue play, except that both players from that team lose their next turn.
- If a machine resets due to power failure or other reason beyond control, the game will start over
(replayed from the start).
- If a player reaches zero in a round in which that player or that player's partner committed a
foul, that player/team loses the game.
- Any machine reset, tilt, or malfunction due to intentional or non-intentional player action
shall result in loss of game for the team committing the action.
- Abuse of equipment, poor sportsmanship, or unethical conduct as judged by a league director or
tournament official may constitute a foul.
- Any player/team that commits three fouls in one game will forfeit that game.
- Any player found to be using overweight darts or otherwise illegal darts shall cause the team to
forfeit all games in the match that they are currently shooting. The match will then continue with
all players using legal darts. Any protest about weight of darts must be made before completion of
the 3rd game, and will not be allowed once a match has been concluded.
- Disregard of any rules may constitute a foul.
- All decisions by referees of directors will be final.